Get the Daily News Digest in your inbox each morning. Sign Up

Fire damages magnet high school in Montgomery

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — More than 400 students are missing class this week after a fire damaged their high school in Alabama.

News outlets report that Booker T. Washington Magnet High School in Montgomery caught fire early Saturday.

Montgomery Fire Capt. R.C. Wood says there appears to be no evidence of criminal intent, although the fire remains under investigation. He says it appears the blaze started on the second floor in an arts and crafts room.

A driver passing by the school reported the fire, and up to 100 firefighters responded.

Students from the high school will have classes starting next week in building that used to house an elementary school. Work crews will move equipment and furniture, install lockers and set up parking spaces for students who drive to school.

Ewe Now Have Sheep in New Program at Tuscaloosa School

Get the Daily News Digest in your inbox each morning.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Web Development By Infomedia